This years’ convention is on Moku o Keawe (Hawai’i) – October 26 thru November 2, 2014 at the Waikoloa Beach Resort, Marriott.
Theme is: ‘Ua hele au me ka mana’ o pa’ a, ua paio au me ka mana’ o koa, ua lanakila au me ka mana’o pono. ‘Ua makaukau au me kamana’o wiwo’ole.
I went forward with determination, I fought with courage, I achieved victory for the benefit of the people for whom I humbly serve and I prepared fearlessly for the tasks that lay before me.
If you are interested in going and being a delegate or alternate, or need any information, please contact Convention Chair, Pauline Robello, (808) 351-0396 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is the hotel info so you can start booking your room and flights:
ROOM RESERVATIONS – Book now and ask to be in the Kaahumanu Wing.
There are two options to book your reservations:
1) by calling 1.808.886.6789 Monday thru Friday 6am- 2pm or toll free any time 1.877.359.3696 and ask for the Association of Hawaiian Civic Clubs group rate of $149. Applicable state and local taxes (currently 13.416%) is $19.99 for a total of $169.98 inclusive of taxes per night.
2) by a dedicated reservation web link, https://resweb.passkey.com/go/2014AHCC
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU KNOW- Marriott• s computer will default to the standard resort package when booking on line. It will calculate the resort package at $25 per night plus tax, so when you receive your confirmation it will say confirmed for however many nights you booked and in addition it will say that a $25 plus hotel tax and resort package fee will also apply. THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO US. This is a hotel policy and the Marriott computers are setup to send this each time someone books, we are part of a group so the group concessions will apply at check in. The hotel cannot change the computer default so as long as you know this will happen you will be ready for it and if you choose not to take the resort package it will be removed at the front desk.
DEBIT CARD NOTICE: Just a reminder if you use a debit card your checking account is immediately reduced by the amount of the debit card purchase once your card is swiped at the front desk and an additional $50 or more per night will be authorized for any incidental charges. This is a requirement by your debit card company and the hotel. Room confirmation will be sent to the person making the reservations so if someone is booking your reservations that is the person that will receive your confirmation.
RESORT PACKAGE (OPTIONAL) offered by the hotel for $25 plus tax includes:
- Daily in room Internet access (Accessibility available in lobby area)
- Daily Self-Parking ( SelfParking for our AHCC group is $10 per vehicle per day or $21 per day, per vehicle for valet parking )
- Free local, toll free & long distance US & Canada
- Golf driving range use – complimentary
- Luau for two – 20% off
- Hertz Car Rental- 15% off
- Ocean Sports – 10% off select beach rentals
- A welcome drink (non alcoholic) will be offered to you at check-in.
- Laundromat on property located in the Kamehameha Wing.
SPECIAL NEEDS: Book your room NOW to ensure that your needs are met. If you encounter any problems with room reservations call, email or text me. If you wait for the last minute to book and you need an accessible room, or you want to be in the Kaahumanu Wing and the hotel cannot accommodate you I cannot help you either. My contact information is on the last page of this report.
TRANSPORTATION: Need transportation from/to Kona airport to Marriott call Mr T. of Big Island Transportation.
Following are one way fares inclusive of tax.
- 1 pax – $51 2 pax- $53 3 pax- $55 4 pax- $57 5 pax – $59 6 pax – $63 7 pax – $82 8 pax – $92
Call, text Mr T. at 1.808.756.1144 or email him at email@example.com to book reservations, mention code AHCC and receive a 5% discount. The preferred method to book is by email so you will have a written confirmation.
CAR RENTAL: Members interested in renting a car at the Kona Airport use the following Corporate # for a discount :
- Dollar Rent A Car #BR3562 – 5% off- call 808.944.1544 I 800.342.7398
- Thrifty #HT14004139- 10% off- call808.952.4238 I 800.367.5238
- Hertz has a desk at the Marriott so book in advance as they have a limited inventory.
There will be NO Aha Mele this year, they will be having the ho’ikeike as they had last year.
More information will be provided as it is received.
Looking forward to seeing you at convention!