In order to process your application, you will need to complete the following items on-line. Below is a checklist of items required for submission. We advise that you have the items ready to upload before you begin the online application. You will not be able to save and come back at a later time once you start. Once an application is deemed completed, resubmission will not be permitted. Applications will not be accepted past the due date. If you need clarification on the items required below, please view our criteria.
Please follow the instructions below and have the following items ready before proceeding to the online application.
- Prepare a digital copy of your certified birth certificate showing Hawaiian descent, (further validation of Hawaiian ancestry may be required).
- File must be saved as a PDF and named in the following format: BC_FirstInitial.LastName.pdf.
- Prepare a digital copy of an official copy of your most recent transcript. A transcript for schoolwork beyond the past six months may be submitted with an explanation (returning to school, family, etc.).
- File must be saved as a PDF and named in the following format: TS_FirstInitial.LastName.pdf.
- Download and complete the HCCH Scholarship Essay Form.
- Extra Credit (5 points) is included in the online form. Be prepared to identify any HCCH activity(ies) you or your family members (that represented you if you were off island) participated in. In addition, you will be asked to provide a brief explanation of what you did in the online form.
If difficulties with criteria occur, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have all the items prepared and files named accordingly, proceed to the online application.
March 1, 2023: Program opens, application, and essay questions available online.
April 30, 2023: Deadline for scholarship applications.
July/August 2023: Notification of scholarship awards.